COVID19: Oyo Federal Lawmaker(Yemi Taiwo) Distributes Relief Materials To Constituents


The Lawmaker representing Ibarapa East/Ido Federal Constituency at lower chamber of National Assembly, Hon. Oluyemi Adewale Taiwo has distributed relief materials to constituents   in order to cushion the effects of current lockdown being orchestrated by corona virus pandemic.

The Federal Lawmaker in an interaction with Naija Today News said that the distribution of food relief packages was consequent upon  his determination to ensure that the people of his constituency comply strictly with lockdown directives mandated by Oyo State Government and at large to mitigate the effects of the contagious disease on the constituents.

He added that he did not limit the distribution of relief materials to the constituents as the stretching hand was extended to general hospitals, police stations, motor parks and crowded spots among others in Ibarapa East/Ido Federal Constituency.

In his words, "towards mitigating the effects of  COVID-19 pandemic on my constituents, I Hon. Oluyemi Adewale Taiwo, Legislator representing Ibarapa East/Ido Federal Constituency of Oyo State today distributed food relief packages to the people of my constituency".

 Adding that, as it is known that COVID-19 is world threatening calamity which respects nobody, regardless of political influence, wealth, status, race and colour among others". On recent national impact, "though as Legislators, we have made our contributions to the National Covers, I cannot do without extending my helping hands to my immediate constituents" Taiwo said.

 "I definitely align  and feel  the pains of my people and this token which is to be distributed among my constituents is to demonstrate my reassurance and solidarity that I care and will still continue to care for them all".

"Much appreciation goes to my constituents for their cooperation with the state and federal government's directives on every instruction  given to curb the spread of Coronavirus pandemic in Oyo State and Nigeria at large".

"Let's continue washing our hands regularly with soap and water, maintain social distancing, stay safe as we all continue in praying to God Almighty for divine intervention".
"I pray we will not be a victim of Covid-19 in Jesus name".Taiwo concluded

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14,406 poorest Oyo households to get N7,500 monthly till 2020

Makinde To Appoint Adviser On Labour Matters, Negotiate Minimum Wage With Workers