Ex-Oyo Governor(Ajimobi) Calls For Genuine Reconciliation In APC


The former Governor of Oyo State and Deputy National Chairman, South-West of All Progressives Congress(APC), Senator Ishaq Abiola Ajimobi has called for genuine reconciliation  among the party members in Oyo State, Zonal levels and Nigeria at large.
Ajimobi made an appeal of genuine reconciliation in a release that was personally signed by him and made available to Naija Today News on Monday, 23rd March.

 In his words, "On behalf of myself, the All Progressives Congress (APC), Oyo State and the Southern part of our dear Country, I wish to express my profound appreciation to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, the Leadership of our great party, the National Executive Council (NEC), members of the National Working Committee (NWC), for finding me worthy of the appointment as Deputy National Chairman, (South), of our great party".

"While appreciating you for the confidence reposed in me, kindly be assured of my continued contribution to the advancement of the largest party in Africa.As they say, charity begins at home, I take this opportunity to appeal and assure the APC family in Oyo State of my determination and willingness to ensure genuine reconciliation and repositioning of our great party" Ajimobi promised.

In his continuation,"I acknowledged that we all contributed to the successes of the party in the past, particularly in 2011 and 2015 elections respectively, conversely, if we have setback in 2019, I believe it is honourable to accept that we all contributed directly or indirectly accordingly".

"As human beings, we are not infallible, I accept my mistakes to which I tender my unreserved apology. In the same spirit, others who might have similarly made mistakes; I accept their apologies. Let us therefore in this spirit and for the sake of our party; forgive ourselves". "We cannot continue to apportion blames but to accept that we are all humans.However, we have been offered a unique opportunity once again to rebuild, re-invigorate, reposition and consolidate our great party for the challenges ahead".

"As the party in power from 2011-2019 in Oyo state, we succeeded in setting a template for good governance with visible and laudable infrastructural and socio-economic developments, which have been widely acknowledged by all and sundry".
"We should therefore be proud of our achievements and build on them to ensure a greater, stronger and virile party both at the State and the National levels.Let us seize the moment for the overall benefit of our party and our people".

"Let selfless and meaningful service to humanity be our watchword". Ajimobi stressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14,406 poorest Oyo households to get N7,500 monthly till 2020

Makinde To Appoint Adviser On Labour Matters, Negotiate Minimum Wage With Workers